If you missed out on the opportunity to purchase tickets for this special evening, join us next time.
In the meantime, hear from Bill on his five favorite food finds, as featured in the C’Ville Weekly.
1) Crispy Yucca with Salsa Verde at El Tepeyac. “Authentic, Salvadoran cuisine done up in an approachable way. The yucca is unlike anything I’ve ever tasted.”
2) Bloody Mary and Eggs Benedict at The Pigeon Hole. “A hidden, local spot on the UVA corner. Cross your fingers when trying to get in for Sunday morning brunch, but well worth the wait – especially for a spicy bloody mary. You can never go wrong with a bloody mary, especially when it’s in a mason jar – it’s always good.”
3) Kale Salad at Tavola. “Everything about Tavola’s kale salad is memorable. I’m not a huge salad guy, but the combination of sweet and salty flavors gets me every time.”
4) The Hell Sandwich at BBQ Exchange. “I love spicy food. I love BBQ. It’s made by Brooks Tanner…enough said.”
5) Dried Fried Eggplant at Taste of China. “Favorite dish in town, hands down. It gets better every time I eat it. It takes a lot of skill to make this dish with a crispy, flaky texture on the outside, yet light and airy on the inside. You have to try it.”
Photo by Eric Kelley Photography