Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards is nestled in the Blue Ridge mountains and offers breathtaking views not far from some of the best trails in Virginia! Here are some of our favorite hikes in the Charlottesville area. What could be better than a weekend spent hiking and refueling with award-winning wine and food?
- Humpback Rock: This is a popular hike for students, families, and visitors alike. Hiking to the summit takes about 45 minutes, and provides breathtaking views of Central Virginia. Try making it in time for sunrise for an unforgettable experience!
- Old Rag Mountain: Located about an hour from Charlottesville, this full-day excursion is well worth the time. Old Rag is one of the most popular hikes in the area, and the challenging 9-mile loop features rock scrambles and panoramic views.
- Blackrock Summit Trail: A one-mile loop located within Shenandoah Park that features beautiful wildflowers and is great for all skill levels.
- White Oak Canyon (Lower Falls Trailhead): Hot day? Head to White Oak Canyon in nearby Madison, Va. for a fun, moderate hike with lots of waterfalls and swimming holes to cool off in!
- Spy Rock: This 3.2 mile hike is located near Crabtree Falls, which are some of the largest natural waterfalls on the east coast. A great family hike with spectacular views at the peak.
Join us at Pippin Hill to relax and rehydrate after your hike! We think you’ll love our views as well.